Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Large Coffee, Small World

I am a fan of the Bruegger's bottomless cup of coffee. I am so happy to take advantage of it, with one shop by my home and one shop by my work. My two, new best friends are Rick and George, managers from the two Bruegger's respectively. I didn't think it would be a big deal to be greeted every visit by my first name--but it is!!! I love it.

Admittedly, I now need two 20-ounce coffees…one first thing in the a.m. and another around lunch. Well, at my second fill up of the day, Rick was pumping me for some market intelligence of the L Street Bruegger's (by work). They have been struggling with having enough help and he wondered if it affected service there. I hadn't noticed; however, I don't visit during their peak times (according to Rick). I also offered up some info on my observations of the 9th Street shop that I visited while attending a conference last week.

Rick said that the Glover Park shop is the strongest seller in the area and isn't going anywhere. Good.

We were talking about coffee and Rick said his favorite was a Wegmans brand. I told him I worked at Wegmans in Rochester a long time ago and low and behold… Rick is from Rochester. He grew up in Fairport. It was nice to talk about the city and various landmarks--small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment