Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Concert, Santarchy, and Festivities

Busy weekend for holiday fun! Full disclosure, I did not run to the concert, but everything else was captured on foot.

My mom was in the choir and did a fantastic job at their Christmas by Candlelight 2014 concert. My favorite part was the candlelight carols. It was also so nice to meet my mom's "widow group"--a bunch of sweeties.

On my run, I had the pleasure to witness the start of the Santarchy event at Farragut Square. We have seen the trek of Santas every year and wondered, where are they all going??? Now I know. They walk to the White House and then take a group photo. DC has some really fun events.

The next stop on my run was the Downtown Holiday Market. You should go; there are a lot of vendors, some of the usual stuff like jewelry and chocolate, but also some unique scarves and clothing. On F Street, between 8th and 9th Streets, every day until Dec. 23, noon - 8pm. It totally beats the Christmas Market and Winterfest at Tysons Corner. I stopped by before the concert on Friday--taking the Silver line out to Tysons is AWESOME--and was very disappointed. There were not that many vendors (don't trust the list on the Web site). Go to the Downtown Holiday Market instead.


Georgetown Glow, a new winter event celebrating the holiday season, featured a public art exhibit along Wisconsin (Book Hill), M Street, and the Washington Harbour. There were great window displays by many of the stores and restaurants too.


No comments:

Post a Comment