Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

Brutal Temperatures Equal Dreadmill Time

It has been a long stretch of unbelievably and unseasonably cold weather in Washington, DC. The average temperature is usually in the 40s. We aren't even close to that.

In the past two weeks, I have only run one day outside; and it was only because I commute to work via my own two legs. I wore my long, heavy-duty parka, double socks, leg warmers, ski pants, hat, scarf, and gloves. I was motivated to run as quick as all those layers would permit...and yes, I was too warm by the time I arrived at work.

Other days, we have ventured on short walks to the Georgetown Library or Wagshal's. Most miles over this holiday vacation have been accrued via the dreadmill. To be honest, I don't really dread it so much anymore with a great line-up of shows to watch on Sling, Hulu, and Netflix. I would welcome warmer weather, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment