Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Book Review: I Guess I Haven't Learned That Yet

I Guess I Haven't Learned That Yet: Discovering New Ways of Living When the Old Ways Stop WorkingI Guess I Haven't Learned That Yet: Discovering New Ways of Living When the Old Ways Stop Working by Shauna Niequist
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Join the author as she embraces all the unknowns when she moves to New York City, welcomes change, and shares how she recovers from a catastrophic event. The details of her tragedy and struggles are not disclosed, yet you feel she is revealing parts of her soul and wanting to be as relatable to the reader as possible.

There are five parts to the book with 50 short chapters: Gravity of Love, Unbelonging, Cold Moon, Bloom, Still Yes.

The author comes across as honest and compassionate. The chapters are short; the book is a quick read. I enjoyed the name-dropping of places and restaurants in Chicago and New York City. The book is inspirational; this brokenhearted family successfully picks up and moves across the country to live a whole different life.

The topics seem all over the place, but it is the nature of her messy life. Even though the book is excellent without knowing the details of her upheaval, it might have been good to provide a short epilogue on the event since most people probably searched the Internet to find the backstory.

I recommend this book to anyone who has lived through challenging stretches and enjoys a story of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment