Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Knee Improvements and My Dad

I love to run. I know high-intensity interval training or yoga would be kinder for my knees and joints…but there is nothing like getting from point A to point B on my own two feet in the least amount of time possible. I also try to cross-train and take days off completely, but I struggle with rest and recovery.

This past weekend, Steven and I popped into the Vitamin Shoppe and were helped by an older gentleman that reminded me so much of my dad. He could not have been more interested in our habits, nutrition, and ideas on what we thought we needed. He gave recommendations and we bought them!

My dad would have loved a job like this--talking about supplements, clinical studies, and what he thought would be best. I miss him. Most days, there is something that triggers a memory about him. In fact, my favorite cashier at Trader Joe's looks and acts like him too.  That's a story for another day.

Good news--whether due to supplements or time--I am able to run a bit faster and a bit farther. Steven often says that I am turning into my dad in reference to vocalizing my nutrition regime and tips…and I couldn't think of a nicer compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment