Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

Carnivore Update 3: Still Not 100 Percent

Two mistakes this past week: bought ham hocks from local grocery store and ate coconut. I put the ham hocks in the slow cooker and made bone broth, plus ate all the meat off of the bones. I had a terrible reaction the next day (bloated weight gain of three pounds, cramping, nauseated, feeling meh, and eventual diarrhea). I proceeded to still drink the bone broth the following day--hello, what was I thinking?!?! This continued the miserableness. Also, over the weekend, I found frozen coconut pieces in my freezer and decided to make coconut butter from them. In the process, I ate quite a bit of it. Unfortunately, it did not cream very well, even after adding coconut oil and coconut flour--the coconut remained shredded. TMI warning: My intestines did not digest one bit of the coconut. The good news, since I was so nauseous, I cut my coffee consumption down to 16 oz.

Back on the saddle today: meat, seafood, eggs, electrolyte drink, coffee. My GI track is already thanking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment