Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Carnivore Update - Butter is Out

Ten days of eating mostly an animal-based diet and I really miss my Whole Foods 365 French Vanilla stevia! I had become very liberal in using it in and on my egg waffles, mixed with coconut oil, and even in my coffee! The craving for it has not really decreased with time, but we'll see. As a treat and just to try it one more time, I consumed a ton of butter the first three days. Oh, how I love grass-fed, salted butter. Yet again, however, it caused quite a bit of puffiness around my eyes and cheeks. I had to take it out...and instead have been using coconut oil. I know this is not from an animal, but I need the extra fat and calories. I've also varied the protein with bone broth, sardines, smoked oysters, egg waffles, smoked salmon, ribeye, liverwurst (no fillers), turkey, beef baby back ribs, chicken wings, pork/beef meatballs, egg bake, hamburgers, etc.

I do not feel any different--no better, no worse--so I will continue for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment