Pages

Friday, January 18, 2019

Carnivore Update 2: 80/20 Rule Isn't Going to Work

For some reason, it has been difficult for me to stay 100% carnivore. Of course, I made the concession for coconut oil early on...but that led to allowing coconut butter/manna, which led to some sweet potatoes, onions, tomato sauce, and stevia. I should not have been surprised--but I was!!--when I felt the beginnings of a yeast infection. So, clearly I cannot just add any old starches or carbs--this is exactly why I gave them up. It is a good reminder and a incentive to commit 100% to the carnivore diet. I've been having a variety of protein; tried mussels from Whole Foods that were OK. Besides the usual sardines, smoked oysters, smoked salmon, ground beef, eggs, we had a really yummy ground sirloin, beef hot dogs, and roasted chicken from Wagshals. The hanger steak, brisket, and fully cooked shredded beef (nothing added) from Wellness Meats were all very tasty too.

No changes to report as far as weight or feeling amazing because I have NOT been consistent. Hopefully, we'll see some changes next week with my renewed efforts.



No comments:

Post a Comment