Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Elimination Diet Day 7 and Running...Red

The soreness in my arms is gone, but I still have a little tenderness in my right trapezius. I skipped the olives today and still had red, flushed cheeks this afternoon. Thank goodness I do not have to REMOVE a food from my safe list. I think it might be stress induced. I went into work and definitely felt that I still have so much to do... Yesterday, I was more relaxed in the afternoon, at home, binge-watching Sneaky Pete with Steven (great show, highly recommend!).

This morning, I tried Chameleon Cold-Brew Organic Espresso Coffee. Steven was determined to find something unique, special, treat-like that I could enjoy from Whole Foods yesterday. It was between electrolyte water or cold coffee. I chose the coffee. I was so hoping that this could be my new addiction. Nope. It was fine (added coconut milk) but has the potential for greatness if I could just add stevia.

Dinner was turkey, lettuce, avocado, celery, green beans (roasted to a crisp); cinnamon, fresh coconut, and coconut oil for dessert. About an hour afterward, I had a small reaction. Too much food? It can be so frustrating.

Phase 1 foods: turkey, shrimp, codfish, string beans, lettuce, celery, olive, avocado, tea, coffee, cinnamon, coconut, oregano, cayenne pepper.

Tomorrow, I get to introduce a new food from phase 2. I am torn between chicken and cabbage.... Phase 2 foods (to be introduced one at a time) include sole, chicken, lamb, cabbage, broccoli, yellow squash, basil, maple, garlic, honey.

I ran 1/2 dreadmill, 1/2 outside. It was another cold day in DC. Pictures below are of Washington Circle (hello IFC building) and K Street.


No comments:

Post a Comment