Pages

Friday, January 27, 2017

Elimination Diet Day 5 and Running

Washington is back into winter mode, mid-40s and windy. My beautiful route around the monuments was halted with barriers on 17th Street near the Washington Monument and the National Museum of African American History & Culture. Today was the annual March for Life event, held yearly since 1974.

Besides physical barriers, I'm battling some mental ones. I really want a smidge of cocoa or a few drops of stevia--anything to make my coffee taste better. When can I add hot sauce? I would really like some steak, too. 

Ugh. 

My nutritionist sent me a great text this morning: "There's no crying in baseball and there's no trying in an elimination diet. There IS only doing!!!" Yes, agreed. I looked up the YouTube clip for extra motivation. He also sent me: "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great," another great scene from A League of Their Own.

I'm happy to report that my digestion has been fine today. I am noticing some flushing on my cheeks in the late afternoon (yesterday and today). Both days I had olives. I'll skip the olives tomorrow and see what happens. 

Thank goodness I love turkey. Dinner was roasted, yummy turkey breast with crispy skin, Romaine lettuce, green beans, and avocado. Dessert is shredded coconut, coconut oil, and cinnamon. Tomorrow, I am cracking open a real coconut. It won't be as good as the ones in Barbados, but given the current situation, a treat nonetheless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment