Pages

Monday, January 23, 2017

Elimination Diet Day 1 and Running

Wet and windy run into work this morning. I much prefer the colder temperatures over the rain. The bright side: women's locker room was empty.

I am no stranger to the elimination diet. I have tried several times to start and stay on the wagon. This series of blog posts are meant to keep me on track and honest. If I can just get through the first two weeks, I believe committing to the rest of the process (3 months? 6 months?) won't be so difficult. So what is different THIS time?

I am working closely with a nutritionist (Axis Nutrition).

This has so many benefits on so many levels. While I am typically self-motivated and love to follow a set of rules, somewhere along the way...I start to distrust the process. And then, I have a severe reaction and can't figure out why. This sends me into the deep end of eating things I know will not sit well. It is a completely different situation when I knowingly eat something that I shouldn't; I am mentally prepared for the consequence and this is easier. 

Back to the nutritionist. He is providing accountability with regular appointments and tracking. And, he is available by text for any and all crisis situations. His great idea: If you are about to eat something you shouldn't, take a picture of it and send it to me first. 

The foods I can eat in the first week are based on IgE testing (mold allergy) and Mediator Release Test and include turkey, shrimp, codfish, string beans, lettuce, celery, olives, avocado, tea, coffee, coconut (all forms), cinnamon, oregano, cayenne pepper. I made a grocery run to Trader Joe's at lunch today. I munched on way too many coconut chips (unsweetened). Despite several cups of coffee with coconut milk, I have a dull headache. 



No comments:

Post a Comment