Pages

Monday, February 27, 2017

ED#32-36 Hives Remain, Going Back to Basics

The hives have not gone away; in fact, I woke up with more on my left thigh. I tried coconut oil. I tried Neosporin (yes, it works on everything else!). I tried not itching and full-blown itching. This morning I went to the health services at work and she said it looked like an allergic reaction--brilliant. She put Benadryl gel on it and told me to take one Claritin (antihistamine) until it went away.

If I look at my Excel spreadsheet, it looks like sardines may have caused the reaction initially. I had more sardines over the weekend. Ugh. Or, it could be the Insta-Ketones protein bar (I want to take these to Iceland!). Or, it could be a build-up of histamines from the avocados. Or, or, or... It is frustrating. I am not going to take the Claritin, but I may purchase the Benadryl cream. I made waffles out of eggs/coconut flour. No reaction. I need to switch up my vegetables--the pictures of my dinners are way too similar, day in and day out.

Check out the picture of Brenda! I had a great consult with her last week. She's such a good sport. And in the five minutes between my head hitting the pillow and my eyelids falling shut, I'm enjoying Gary Taubes' book, The Case Against Sugar.

I'm still running; see the picture of Rock Creek. I love DC.



No comments:

Post a Comment